sEO is the activity of optimizing Web pages or whole sites in order to make them more search engine friendly, thus getting higher positions in search results.
SEO is sometimes also called SEO copyrighting because most of the techniques that are used to promote sites in search engines deal with text.
- SEO Stands for Search Engine Optimization.
- SEO is all about optimizing a web site for Search Engines.
- SEO is the process of designing and developing a web site to rank well in search engine results.
- SEO is to improve the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines.
- SEO is a subset of search engine marketing.
- SEO is the art of ranking in the search engines.
- SEO is marketing by understanding how search algorithms work and what human visitors might search.
If you plan to do some basic SEO, it is essential that you understand how search engines
work and which items are most important in SEO.
How Search Engine Works?
Search engines perform several activities in order to deliver search results
- Crawling - is the process of fetching all the web pages linked to a web site. This task is performed by a software, called a crawler or a spider (or Googlebot, as is the case with Google).
- Indexing - is the process of creating index for all the fetched web pages and keeping them into a giant database from where it can later be retrieved. Essentially, the process of indexing is identifying the words and expressions that best describe the page and assigning the page to particular keywords.
- Processing - When a search request comes, the search engine processes it . i.e. it compares the search string in the search request with the indexed pages in the database.
- Calculating Relevancy - Since it is likely that more than one pages contains the search string, so the search engine starts calculating the relevancy of each of the pages in its index to the search string.
- Retrieving Results - The last step in search engines' activities is retrieving the best matched results. Basically, it is nothing more than simply displaying them in the browser.